coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Saturday, November 7, 2020

This election will never end!

I hope by writing this title down I will jinx the "Endless Waiting."  I'm using a little of that "reverse psychology" my old sainted Mother used to swear by. Also, I'm desperate for this to end. I have a bottle of expensive champagne in my fridge that I would like to drink in celebration sooner rather than later. It calls to me with a siren's allure.

We need to remind the Fates (those dangerously potent ladies) that this election has a life of it's own. Clotho has done her work, but Lachesis seems to be savoring her moment. Atropos can cut the thread and seal our destiny. Although, who am I to question Lachesis?  
 
Yes, I AM a little nervous that I've garnered the attention of the ancient Moirai. I guess I should include the words please and thank you. Please, ladies, don't let the lying liar who lies steal the election. Thank you.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  





















The three Fates spinning the web of human destiny, sculpture by Gottfried Schadow, 1790, part of the tombstone for Count Alexander von der Mark; in the Old National Gallery, Berlin.  From the Encyclopaedia Britannica. 

17 comments:

  1. So close, Colette! Clean the dust out of your champagne flutes! (well, my champagne glasses are dusty...)
    Just think, no more Jared Kushner, no more Trump family and his cronies running our beloved country! Makes me want to roar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! And yes, my champagne flutes are dusty, and I am so hoping I still have two left. We tend to break glass things around my house.

      Delete
  2. The Fates have come through for us. Pop that cork and drink up! We have a new and improved president.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! We're dancing in the streets. We're singing out to the universe. We're laughing and shouting our gratitude. Yay! Yay! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we will start sleeping through the nights again.

      Delete
  4. Dancing in the streets. Something good finally happened in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah, the fates are on our side, a return to decency and honourable behaviour. Congratulations to American citizens from over the pond. It may have been a messy and unfriendly election but it is still an impressive thing to see, democracy in action throughout your large and diverse land. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Still waiting for the inevitable backlash, but eventually we will move forward.

      Delete
  6. I cried when I saw that he lost. But now I am worried until he is gone. I hope someone can make him mute, and remove his disgits so he can't tweet either. Until then I can't breathe

    ReplyDelete
  7. It did seem to go on for a loooong time. So relieved he lost, but I worry about what he'll do now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect he'll be making our lives miserable with his attention seeking antics for a while.

      Delete
  8. I Hope he goes Bankrupt fighting his Loss, truly Penniless, but I'm sure he can Con some Coin out of his 71 Million Cult Followers, they'd buy into any Scheme he's shoveling and asking for their Support for. He squanders Money like nobody ever... which is why American Banks quit lending to him a long time ago, he's reckless, especially with other people's Money and Lives. They need to quit coddling and enabling him... drag him out of their early before he can do more Harm and Damage to Democracy and the American people!

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?