coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Friday, August 7, 2015

Fly me to the moon



T and I took our 11 year old granddaughter and 16 year old nephew to the Kennedy Space Center near Cape Canaveral the other day.  It was just an amazing place, filled with actual rockets and launch pads and shuttles.  The best part for me were the video's and short films talking about when we landed on the moon in 1968.  They also played this amazing video where in 1962 JFK announces we are going to the moon before the decade is out.  I was reminded of a time when there were politicians who were passionate about people CHANGING for the better, becoming more and doing more than they thought they could do.  Below is an excerpt from the days when Catholics were mostly Democrats and giants walked amongst us:


4 comments:

  1. Times certainly have changed haven't they? I remember exactly where I was the moment they landed on the moon. An iconic moment - just like Kennedy's death.
    Everyone was so infatuated with him and believed without a doubt that he would change our world - and he did.
    But that seems so far away and I can't imagine it ever happening again, not quite like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know. But I am still waiting for a hero(ine) to show up. After all these years, I still want to believe. Sigh...

      Delete
  2. Oh, agreed! I get so saddened when I see all those politicians who work so hard at sound bites and trying to one-up each other. And it's all about how much they can make our lives easier. I don't necessarily care about easy, I do care about better.

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?