coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Saturday, January 24, 2015

What Next?

I got an email the other day from a newly retired friend.  It was actually her very first day of being retired and she did not know what to do next.  Ha!  I told her to do nothing.  That is the hardest part of being retired, learning that you no longer have to define yourself by being productive. "Have to" being the key words.  It is a totally different way of thinking, and it takes some getting used to.  

At the risk of being outed as an old hippie, let me say this post reminds me of a late 1960s-era Blind Faith/Stevie Winwood song, "Do What You Like," the last verse being:

"Open your eyes, use your head, 
realize that you're not dead
Take a look at an open book,

let it cook
That's what I said, do what you like" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whadayathink?