coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Friday, May 13, 2016

Walking around in circles

I seem to have a bit of a writer's block.  I sat down to write and spent a good five minutes staring into space.  Oh well.  We are going to be very busy this weekend and I'm trying to relax and organize my thoughts.  FYI, I probably won't have time to check my blog or others until the middle of next week.

T and I have been doing a lot of biking, walking, swimming the past couple weeks.  We've discovered a beautiful walking path surrounding a landscaped pond.  We bike to it and then we walk for at least a mile around and around.  I find that comforting, walking in circles.  I always have.  I'm a daydreamer.  I like to walk fast and think hard.  It is nice not to have to come back down to earth and pay attention to things like stop signs or intersections. 

Walking has been a constant in my life.  I used to walk over my lunch hours when I worked.  I rarely ever stayed in my office or workplace over lunch.  I walked outside in good weather and inside on a large inside track during the bad.  It helped me let go of work-related stress.  Sometimes walking and thinking helped me plan my next move or make sense of the insensible.  It nearly always cleared my head.  

And, of course, you never know what you might see on a walk.  

Here's a photo taken at Leu Gardens in Orlando, Florida.  It is a wonderful, large, urban garden and they often have large scale sculpture exhibitions that change periodically.  I was thrilled to see this on a recent walk:

Spider sculpture on walking path at Leu Gardens



8 comments:

  1. I love outdoor sculptures like that especially if they come upon like a surprise.
    Enjoy your time "off", as you can see I take a lot of time "off", thinking is my favorite thing to do. But I'm a sitter not a walker. I need to incorporate walking to my days. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see that spider sculpture over a path. It can come to NE Ohio any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Stone Spider and I too Love a good Walk, nothing quite like it, sure beats the treadmill at the Gym, which I just find to be too much of a yawnfest and I'd never get any exercise if that was the extent of my walking! *smiles* Writers Block and Blog Block I've had on many occasions too... but after a dry spell I find I'm back in the mood to get back on the grid and not be MIA too long from the Wonderful Land of Blog. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a walker and a thinker. It is how I get rid of anxiety; it is my calm and peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for a long spell after moving to Florida where I only biked and didn't walk. I am much happier now that walking is back in my life.

      Delete

So, whadayathink?