coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Semi-wordless Wednesday

I don't have much to say today.

A Blue heron on the Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive

Palm leaf after a controlled burn, Wekiva Springs State Park


Palm Tree some months after a controlled burn.  Still growing.

Heron on slab at Lake Apopka Wildlife drive, crooked neck

A turkey taking the high road at Sand Lake, Wekiva Springs State Park

A palm leaf that continued to grow after a controlled burn, Wekiva Springs State Park

Turtle on log in Sand Lake, Wekiva Springs State Park, note spider web over his/her head
The swimming area at Wekiva Springs State Park.  Swimmers are supposed to stay on this side of the bridge. The water area on the far side of the bridge is for canoes and kayaks. There are alligators on the far side. A couple of years ago a swimmer swam out there and an alligator attacked her. She lost her arm. True story. The swimming area is shallow, so you would be able to see an alligator if it came there. They don't, though. I'm not sure why not.

Lubber Grasshopper on red leaf, Wekiva Springs State Park  

 
  



18 comments:

  1. The second to the last shot brings such a sense of nostalgia. Wish my kids were little again...just for one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Love seeing the natural world there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I copied your Wordless Wednesday thing.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Such a contrast to the beauty of the Pacific Northwest. We live in a world of diverse beauty. Reminds me of what I saw when I visited my sister who lives in Gulfport, Mississippi. Including an alligator. Love the heron's feet, perching on the slab. The turtle looking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to live south of Seattle, many years ago. I think the Pacific Northwest is my favorite place of all.

      Delete
  4. These are great! Especially that turtle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. That seemed to be a very happy turtle.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm thankful for state and national parks.

      Delete
  6. You said so much without words. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I copied this from Robin Andrea, who does wordless Wednesdays. She is able to let her photos speak for themselves. I, of course, can't keep my mouth shut. Glad you liked this.

      Delete
  7. Hello Colette, I am also a baby boomer (born in 1956). Your photos are just gorgeous. I love to take long walks in nature. You have a lovely blog. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?