coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

I know nothing

I don't know, do you?  Probably not.  It's all so freakin' complicated. 

In all seriousness, what is wrong with so many people in this world?  People who litter, refuse to wear masks, won't recycle, really, really want to believe the lies of thugs and tyrants, don't believe in science, want all the power and money for themselves, try to hide historical truths, blah, blah, blah.  I'm so tired of stupidity, hatefulness, and meanness of spirit.   

I think Western leaders have been brilliant with their unified front and kick ass sanctions against the evil one.  But I hate that once again, their brilliance and ability to act as a unified force for good is sidetracked by those who would destroy the world for their own gain.  

Yesterday's New York Times was filled with war news.  Halfway down there was a small article that caught my attention.  It should have been the top story, dammit!  

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/28/climate/climate-change-ipcc-un-report.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=Climate%20and%20Environment

Today, again half way down, was this:  

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/01/climate/ipcc-climate-scientists-strike.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=Climate%20and%20Environment

What the Hell?  And I do mean Hell, because this power grab in the Ukraine smells like a lake of burning sulfur.  


P.S. After posting this, I find I can no longer comment on other people's posts.  Please know I'm reading your posts!  What a world.  

7 comments:

  1. Boy, I think it all feels heavy and I think I'm glad I'm older. I wouldn't want to have grown up in this world. I saw this the other morning regarding climate change. No one is listening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, climate change is terrifying. I wonder what will stop it and reverse it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there are so many alarming things going on in the world. All we can do is keep reminding ourselves of all the people and organisations who're doing whatever they can to make our lives better and take less notice of all the screaming headlines designed to scare us all out of our wits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, don't know anything except how tired I feel.

    Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to worry about! It is hard to be lighthearted when there is so much dark in the world to scare us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's natural to assume people will operate from a perspective of good-heartedness and reason, and it's always a shock when that proves untrue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is all so worrying and I agree with you. I do feel that we are turning the corner and perhaps as humans we will actually start to evolve consciously and finally make some changes that will make the world a better place to live.

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?