coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Friday, March 15, 2024

Choosing fun.

I took my daughter and two grandchildren to see Kung Fu Panda 4. Grandpa Tom and MV (our son-in-law) opted not to come. 

The story was predictable. However, this movie was beautifully drawn and colored. I like cartoon drawings, but so often the artists spend more time on the characters than the surrounding view. The rendered views in this movie were gorgeous. I concentrated on the art, as I used to when I attended mass as a child. Life presents many opportunities for entertainment.

The daughter and grandkids were laughing out loud, clearly enjoying every minute of it. That was the best part of the movie for me, being with them. I was still holding this experience close to my heart when I fell asleep last night, which made for good dreams.

After the movie, we went for ice cream at the creamery across the way. This has now become part of the movie viewing tradition for the four of us. 

I had burnt butter bourbon flavored ice cream. It was amazing.  

Take your time, enjoy the views


14 comments:

  1. You had a wonderful day. We all need to do things like that occasionally

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your daughter and grandkids have inspired me to put the first Kung Fu Panda DVD on hold at our public library. I'm choosing fun, too.

    Beautiful view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family and fun--easy ways to enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hanging out with my grandkids for 3 days in a row, my heart is full.

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your time out with them!
    I have my grandsons coming over tonight for tacos and a movie. There are so many movies on Disney+ that they have never seen yet and it's fun to see those movies again. We give them a few choices and let them decide...

    ReplyDelete
  5. After your very enjoyable day you must have had great dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Embrace the moment, make memories. It is about experiences. And yes, the art. Oh, the art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took one grandson to see a live theater presentation of Daniel Tiger's neighborhood. He lasted thru the first act, about 40 minutes. Next I'm taking the other grandson to see a theater presentation of The Rainbow Fish. He'll last even less. They are both 2. I am looking forward to when they can sit thru an entire movie.
    I love animation, which, as you say, has become amazingly beautiful. And after-show ice cream ain't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun. After show ice cream has become a necessity.

      Delete

So, whadayathink?