coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Signs of the season

We put a Harris/Walz sign out in our yard the other day.  We have decided not to take it in at night. Every morning I get up and check to see if it is still there.  So far, so good.  

The Unfriendly Republican across the street usually has signs in his yard.  No Trump sign yet, although it is still early. The UR is Catholic, which I have determined because he has a statue of St. Francis of Assisi amidst the bushes in front of his house.  I still wonder why a good Catholic would support a liar, a cheat, a rapist?  I know, I'm naive. The thing is, when I was a good Catholic I took all that dogma seriously.  I believed that good was to be strived for, and evil was obviously to be triumphed over. 

Their Jesus never said don't have an abortion, but he most certainly said to love our neighbor as ourselves.  It's as simple as that, you know?


Bartolomé Bermejeo, Saint Michael Triumphs over the Devil, The National Gallery, London


6 comments:

  1. I don't understand evangelicals supporting him either. I'm naive too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just so strange, this one-issue religiosity. It will lead to disaster.

      Delete
  2. I also wonder how a devout Catholic can be okay with people who lie and cheat and commit heinous crimes. Hypocrisy seems to be the name of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catholics the world over have been and still are involved in the most henious atrocities often in the name of their god. No surprise there.

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?