coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Hiding the truth

I was an employee of Cornell University for nearly 40 years. 

Cornell has it's own "police force." We were told to call them if there was an issue, not the Ithaca police. The Cornell public safety officers work for Cornell, if you know what I mean. Certainly in the case of the Jane Doe who was gang raped at a fraternity house in 2024, the summary report the Cornell officer shared with the local police didn't include the whole story. Critical information provided by the victim was not shared with the local district attorney. Why? Well, the modus operandi at Cornell is to "protect Cornell's reputation first and foremost."  

Now there is an international scandal at Cornell rivaling the "MeToo" movement.  Why am I not surprised?  

I take my hat off to those amazing young journalists at the (independent) student run newspaper, The Cornell Daily Sun. They didn't let this go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whadayathink?