coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Sunday, August 29, 2021

We have a cat!

For most of our marriage we have co-existed with at least one cat. Our last one, Buddy, died 5 years ago. We decided then to forego getting another animal. As much as we love cats, we were happy with that decision.  

Our daughter and her family have 4 cats (!). One, Murray, is the alpha male. He doesn't tolerate other cats well. It created a stressful environment for all. Murray needs to be an only cat. He would prefer being pampered, spoiled, and admired above all others. Me, too.

Somewhat reluctantly, we agreed to take him in. It was definitely a rescue, but not of Murray. Our taking him rescued the 3 other cats. We just got him last night. He is still scared and traumatized by the change. He's in hiding.

My husband is the Pied Piper of cats. They all love him, and he loves them. I trust his judgment and approach to winning Murray over, which is to give the cat time and space. There is also some baby talk, treats, and petting. It's a start. 

When we went to bed last night Murray was underneath. I was totally cognizant there were now three "people" in the house. It was a good feeling.  




26 comments:

  1. Have fun, Murray. The man is ok. Trust me. (She is, too, but not a cat charmer.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a cat charmer by a long shot. I move too fast for them.

      Delete
  2. what a great story for this morning- Murray is a lovely cat. All are very lucky in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to your new home, Murray, you lucky kitty cat. Looking forward to more Murray stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Murray, from what i hear, you've come to a good place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! Murphy is a good looking guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting! I hope Murray settles in well. I'm sure he will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love at first sight! Yaaaayyy Murray! Looking forward to seeing more of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Murry sure is a handsome ginger mancat, and I hope he'll settle in with you. I've had cats for as long as I can remember, and have always enjoyed their company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Murray settles in okay, with the help of the Pied Piper. Most cats hurtle away when they see me coming, except for the odd cat that's all over me and wants to be lavishly fondled. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a ginger female manx…...Nubby is her name. I have wanted to get her a 'friend' for when I'm at work. But as spoiled as she is she probably wouldn't take to a 'friend' very well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! We too didn't see another Feline in our Future, but the Granddaughter now has Eli, she doesn't consider him a replacement Cat for Old Miss Priss who passed last November, reluctantly we agreed to take him when her Friend's Aunt was allergic and he needed a Forever Home, now we couldn't imagine him not being part of the Family. I'm sure Murray will bring you much Love and Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, that was nice of you guys to take him. I hope he settles in quickly.

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?