coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Color and Light

Well, we put the tree up and I'm glad we did. The lights work the magic. Now I'm in the holiday mood. I guess it has always been that way with winter holidays nearest the solstice. Not to diminish the religious or cultural aspects of many of these holidays. Whatever floats your boat!  We humans seem to need light and hope during this darkest time of the year.  

I love white lights against a dark green tree. Even then color is everywhere. Cards, trees, ornaments, candles, and all sorts of family decorations only taken out and displayed at this time of the year. I take great joy in trees others put up with this peaceful and elegant lighting; however, I'm a sucker for color. A glutton, really. The more colors, the better. I also like shiny, glittery, encrusted ornaments.  

When I look at our tree I want to be jolted, as if I just had a shot of espresso. But that's just me.  

What is just you?  



14 comments:

  1. I like white lights and lots of color too. I love that fish. I also love santas; I've got lots of different santas on my tree and they make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the photo you posted of your tree. It's gorgeous. I have a couple people in my life who collect santas. They make me smile, too. So many great variations.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing the true spirit of the holiday in the decorations, the Santas and the colors, the beautiful lights. I've never really celebrated Christmas, but have always loved the beauty by those who do. That true spirit, that return of the light, the love... all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the multi-colored lights on my tree and I like all of the memories that my old ornaments bring to me! I have quite a few decorations that almost always go in the same places each year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a pretty minimalist decorating style, but some colored lights are essential, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all you really need are a few lights to capture the spirit of a winter holiday. Cheers!

      Delete
  5. Glad putting up the Tree has put you full on into the Christmas Spirit... I Love the Ambiance of a Christmas Tree all lit up and illuminating the Room, especially after Dark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fish. We have a small artificial tree - small but perfectly decorated! Round here fairy lights are the big thing, especially on outside bushes, hedges, trees etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick. Fairy lights! The very name is magical.

      Delete
  7. We get an ornament from every place we have traveled so each year they bring back great memories. We also have all the weird and wonderful ornaments our girls made us from pre-school and up - there's nothing like a clothespin reindeer, missing one googly eye : ) But my favorite is a handmade set of the characters from the Nutcracker my mother made me when I had my own first tree. They still make me a little teary - in a very good way.

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?