coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Thursday, December 22, 2022

A beautiful day

I had a beautiful day yesterday. 

It was cold enough that I could stay in bed with a quilt on top of me. That's a lovely way to wake up, and rare in Central Florida. I made the most of it.

A friend gave me an online Jacquie Lawson JL Sussex Advent Calendar 2022.*  Checking on the day's surprises is the very first thing I do each morning. I watch the daily presentation, then find the day's elf (who does his little elf dance when I tag him), and check the special room to see what present there is for me to open. Yesterday it was an online puzzle! Such fun. I'll miss it come Monday!

I picked up the two grandkids at 12:45 pm, and we went to the movies to see Puss in Boots. We bought french fries. I was in heaven sitting there with the two of them. Every once in a while N would lean his head on my shoulder. Like I said, heaven! E is home from college, and it is amazing how calm it makes me knowing she is home.

Later, Tom and I went out to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I had chicken mole, he had a beef burrito. We both had one of their signature margaritas, they are very tasty.  

And today I have leftover chicken mole in the fridge. I might eat it for breakfast. Oh geez, I had to go and google it because I'm an idiot. So many calories! Luckily I have a short memory.

17 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all sounds wonderful! Happy holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly again!I Ilove it too - these cold mornings, snuggled under the blankets, loathe to get up! Your day sounds perfect and you are so lucky to have those grandkids nearby! I hope you have many more days like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does sound like a truly beautiful day. Wishing you lots more like that and a wonderful holiday too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a nice day. Happy Holidays! Wishing you peace and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peace. Comfort. Joy. Such a day. May there be more and more.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Happy Christmas to you and Tom and your family.

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?