coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Friday, April 28, 2023

I found that red dress

I found it. Not just a red dress. I suspect the dress I now own might be the same Talbot red dress that I show Dora wearing in my post. Of course I don't mean it is Dora's actual dress from 2016, I mean it is one just like it. I found it on ebay for $30.  Can you believe it? Perhaps tenacity is a virtue?

Now I just have to invest in shape wear so I don't look lumpy when I wear it. I have two months, maybe I could lose 5 pounds? Whatever it takes. By all that is holy, I'm wearing this blankety blank dress.  

And ladies, could I get away with wearing black shoes with this red dress for a summer wedding? When I was a teenager in the 1960's, one didn't wear black shoes in the warm weather. Black shoes were cold weather shoes. Yeah, that's how long ago I actually thought about fashion. 



11 comments:

  1. I am so glad you found that dress. I'm sure you'll look beautiful in it. I wish I had answers about shoes. I am completely clueless about style and colors (among other things... LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful to be so far removed from such things? I'm only thinking about it now because I don't want to embarrass the older grandchildren, who are Southern, stylish, and know things.

      Delete
  2. I'm as clueless as you. I would guess white sandals, with or without heels. End of my "advice".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See! You are from my age group. I thought we had successfully destroyed high fashion and useless rules. You know what I'm talking about.

      Delete
  3. I think black shoes would be fine with that but I am not a fashion expert so I Googled it. Here's the answer:
    "Shoe Colors To Wear with Red Dress
    Black shoes are a versatile and fashionable option to wear with a red dress, offering a timeless look that can work with any outfit...You’ll want to pair pumps, stilettos and open-toe sandals for a classy and dressed-up look."
    You're going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black accessories will look fantastic with that dress. Congratulations for finding the dress you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found a dress that you like, it's pretty. As for the shoes, black is fine, so is nude, gold, white, red or silver. There aren't many rules about footwear anymore, even white sneakers would be fine as they're all the rage right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get that finding that dress was hard but searching for shoes? Enjoy!!!! We can never have too many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay on the dress! I have no input on the shoes, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are there any fashion rules anymore? It seems to me that anything goes nowadays. I remember a time when you'd die if your bra strap showed; now women will wear V-backed tank tops with ugly bra straps -- both of them -- looking just plain sloppy as well as unattractive. (Now, a pretty bra strap I could maybe get behind, but not the ugly ones that have no redeeming qualities and often look dirty as well.)

    Or do you remember when your blouse could never show beneath the hem of your sweater? And now, no problem (which I prefer) -- layers of all lengths are fashionable.

    I like that there are really no "rules" anymore or, if there are, I think they're silly and ignore them.

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?