coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Ridiculous pleasures

This is how ridiculous my retirement life is in the Land of Mouse. Today I have the choice of either edging the lawn or going to Epcot with my daughter and granddaughter.  

When you're a Florida resident and buy the cheapest Disney annual pass, you can pretty much go any weekday you like, all year long. Weekends are out for us cheap pass holders, but who cares? Everyone and their brother is there on the weekend. As a retiree, I rarely leave the house on Saturday or Sunday. We only live a half hour from the parks, so it's (ridiculously) easy to go. 

My granddaughter just came home from college for the summer. The grandson is still in school, so he won't be coming this time. It will be my daughter, granddaughter, and me. My husband and son-in-law don't like theme parks and refuse to go. That's fine with me because quite frankly, they get tired and cranky and are NO fun at the parks. 

Please don't judge me!


















8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I would never try to judge you. I love baseball. I was married to a man who wasn't interested at all. He would go to the kids' playoff games but that was it whereas I was the manager of one of their teams. That's just the way it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun-filled and wonderful way to spend the day with your daughter and grand-daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would weigh 300 pounds if I could go to Epcot's restaurants whenever I wanted. I am already drooling a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day to treat your daughter and granddaughter to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it was fun. I'm with your husband on this and so so glad the kid has grown up. I'll leave the grandkid-theme-park adventures to the rest of the gang, too. Even at the zoo, earlier this year, I spent a happy hour sipping coffee in the shade away from all the important action.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just spending time with your daughter and granddaughter is a welcome treat! Glad you enjoyed your day at Epcot! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Disney annual pass sounds good. And yes, why go on a weekend if it's sure to be jam-packed and unpleasant? I have an over-60s travel pass, which gives me free travel not only in Northern Ireland by also in the Republic of Ireland. It saves ne huge amounts of money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have nothing to say about Disneyworld, since (Spoiler alert!) I never got over Bambi's mother's death. But I note you did say you were concerned about the revelations I offered to the world in the penultimate post back at Tone Deaf. There I did have something to say.

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?