coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Monday, August 12, 2024

My grandchildren

My grandson, N, starts 7th grade today. Yeah, I don't know how that happened, either. It really does seem like yesterday that he was a 3 year old.  

I think back to my own 7th grade experience, and I know he is in for big changes this year. Although he and I are the same height today, he'll be taller than me by the end of the school year. His voice may change. He will develop new interests. He will become a teenager.  

His older sister, E, is going to London for the fall semester. She is a junior in college, and I'm looking forward to her having a great and wondrous time. She'll be back at Christmas when she will be older, wiser, and more worldly. I will be in awe of her when she returns. I'm in awe of her now.

These two! My heart is full of love.

3 comments:

  1. They do grow up so quickly, don't they?! My oldest grandkids are 19 and 17 - the older is through with high school and not going to college, the other is a senior in high school and then she will be done, too! I wonder what jobs will look good to them.
    I have a young group of grandkids, too, grades 3rd, 2nd, 1st, K, and 9 months old! Some live near but some are far! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what stories you will hear! Safe travels and great adventures to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy the adventures they each have coming.

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?