It is my husband who usually buys "things" for the house. Things like new towels, sheets, end tables, patio furniture, and so on. I have so little interest. Over the years, it he eventually took on those tasks. Sometimes he consults with me. Sometimes he does not. Is it odd that I don't care?
If we buy, say, a new couch for the living room, I am involved because he asks me to be involved. I do have opinions, and if I must form them about "things" I will do so. I will override him if I feel I must.
I do care about colors, and I'm happy to choose the colors of household items and furniture if I know they are going to be replaced. If something needs a decision about fabric, patterns, designs, I'm all in.
This morning when I got up I noticed I was alone in the house. I looked outside and he was on the lanai, putting together a new towel rack. That was a surprise. Had he asked me in advance if we needed to replace the old one, I would have said no. The old one still worked.
Do we argue about such matters? No. I'm happy to be relieved of these tasks, and they seems to bring him joy.
I feel very differently about garden beds.

No comments:
Post a Comment
So, whadayathink?