coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Time Enough

It is New Year's Eve and I guess I should review and evaluate the past year if for no other reason that it is an interesting ritual.  Plus, I am a big copycat.  Other bloggers are posting 2015 reviews today and I thought I might like to do the same.

If you had asked me last night what I thought about 2015 I would have grumpily replied that it was a hard year.

This morning I started the day by organizing my digital photos for 2015.  It took me all morning and by noon I began to see 2015 in a different light. Seeing the year documented in pictures was like a slap upside my head - you know, the kind that sharply implies "quit yer bitchin!" I was surprised to see how much fun I had in the previous 12 months. Why didn't I realize that in real time?

Perhaps 2015 was hard, but what year wasn't?  I appreciate 2015. I will respectfully put it to bed tonight. One never knows what might happen next, but perhaps there is still plenty of time.


Which brings me to my New Year's resolution: I am going to enjoy myself more in 2016. 
I hope you do, too.

Sand Lake at Wekiwa Springs State Park, Central Florida




8 comments:

  1. I like your resolution and I second that resolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have a Happy New Year, and of course congrats.

      Delete
  2. I'm with lily cedar (and you) on this one... enough whinging, time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed this the other day, but happy new year to you and yes! more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes to you, Liv, for the coming year and beyond.

      Delete
  4. Great concept. Enjoy the joy while it's happening! Me, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I enjoyed your recent posts and appreciate your taking the time to comment.

      Delete

So, whadayathink?