coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Saturday, May 29, 2021

That baby, that baby!

We had visitors last weekend! Tom's daughter, R, her daughter (our granddaughter) S, and our great-granddaughter C. She is 18 months old. The last time we saw her she was 6 weeks old, an infant, a passive babe in arms.  

What a difference! Now she is a joyful, spunky, interactive force of nature. I am amazed at how well she communicates. I swear she understands everything that is said to her. Her love of learning new things is palpable, and she seems interested in everything.  

She was a little afraid of Great Grandpa Tom, though. He has a white beard, mustache, and somewhat raspy voice.  She kept an eye on him, that's for sure. When he spoke to her, she would furrow her brow and scrutinize him closely. Sometimes she refused to eat her dinner if he sat too close to her. He had to leave the room so she would finish eating. So funny. However, by the last day she was willing to crack a smile for him. I could tell that small victory made him happy. These things take time.  

And we had the BEST time.  


20 comments:

  1. She is adorable. What better fun to see her after all those many months. I am happy for you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bunch of visitors. It's amazing how quickly children learn communication, girls even faster than the boys it seems. Her photo made me smile this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad. Your grandson's photos have made me smile many times.

      Delete
  3. It's funny that she was scared of Tom. I can remember being scared of certain older people when I was a small child. The generation gap! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Great-Grandpa. I sympathize because I have a loud voice that I sometimes forget to modulate for little ones. They are terrified. But they love it when I feed them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you can see them finally! My sister (little Blister on my blog) lives in Ireland. Her daughter had her second baby just before Christmas but she lives in London. Sis can hardly wait 'til August when she'll finally be able to hold and cuddle him. She's sad to be missing the tiny baby stages, but so thankful for zoom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry she has to wait so long. I love your nickname for your sister.

      Delete
  6. She is a big girl. She'll remember grandpa next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet great grandgirl! A wonderful meeting of the generations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to spend time with family again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Man always scares Babies half to Death and he Loves Children! She's Adorable and so glad you got to spend time in person again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a little cutie pie she is. Four generations! Wow! Quite a gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that by the end of the visit a kind of peace was obtained. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete

So, whadayathink?