coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Do some really like it hot?

This morning when I checked at 8:39 am, it was already 83 degrees F (a little over 28 degrees C), with 97% humidity.  Right now (12:36 pm) it is 93 with 60% humidity, but the high is supposed to be 96.  Real feel is 103.  You all know what I'm talking about, it's been the hottest summer in memory all over.  

I realize it is even hotter in other places.  I care.  

I know I have a brand new heat pump system that is keeping the inside of my house at a relatively cool 78 degrees. We have a pool. We're lucky and I am so very grateful for those luxuries.  

Still and all, it's hot, and it's going to get worse. Is this how we're all going to end our climate ruined lives and planet, burning up in the freaking heat? 

Here's a thought, instead of buying flowers for a birthday or death, consider donating to an organization that plants trees in areas deforested by fires. Any other ideas?

10 comments:

  1. That's a great idea, donating to places that plant trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hope that things cool down there. That's way too hot. I love the idea of donating to places that plant trees. Wonderful. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prohibit politicians from blowing hot air ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tree-planting idea. We've all talked for years about the dangers of deforestation but I don't think anyone envisioned the added destruction of these massive climate-induced wildfires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak pledged to plant 30,000 hectares (116 square miles) of trees every year. He hasn't managed even half that number. But the Woodland Trust has planted 55 million trees in the last 51 years. Tree planting should be an absolute priority to help arrest climate breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tree planting is a great idea. Even planting a tree in your own yard is wonderful and wilding your place even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish everyone who was able (space, money, time) would plant a large shade tree in their yard.

      Delete

So, whadayathink?