coming out of my shell

coming out of my shell

Saturday, July 8, 2023

Dressing up

We went to our grandson's wedding in Louisville, KY last weekend. You know, the wedding I searched so hard to find the right dress for. Sadly, the red dress didn't look good on me. Instead I found a teal colored dress to wear to the rehearsal dinner.  I wore a blue dress for the wedding and reception.  

I was a bit sad I couldn't realize my fantasy with the red dress, I put so much time and effort into finding it. Still, it looked terrible on me. Try as I might, I couldn't muster up enough denial to make myself wear it. The other two dresses were better, and I felt like I looked reasonably good in them. No, I'm not sharing pictures of myself. I didn't look THAT good.  

I wore jewelry, a bit of eye make up, lipstick, new pointy shoes, and even shape-wear, for crying out loud. I had a bit of trouble walking even in short heels, but I managed. I have the blisters to prove it.  

Wonderful wedding, by the way.  






18 comments:

  1. Gone are those days. I have decided to be one form or another “true to myself”. Never will another pair of strappy heels of any form touch my feet. I may have to get creative but there you go.

    Congrats to everyone but sorry your dream dress didn’t work out 😔

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose well. I hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a good time. That's what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your grandson and his bride! I'm sure you looked beautiful and happy at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful wedding, that's all that counts. These shoes would have killed me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how all the young women can wear spike heels.

      Delete
  6. Sorry the red dress didn't work out, but sounds like you had fun at the wedding and that's what counts! I haven't worn heels since my sister's wedding 11 years ago and I never will wear them again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a shame about the red dress, but if it didn't look right.... I don't know why women wear heels, smart flats look much better to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that's a bummer about the red dress, but at least it "only" cost $30. Maybe you can consign it? Or put it back on eBay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your Grandson and that the Wedding went well, albeit you didn't get to wear the Fantasy Red Dress to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It turned out that I liked my other two dresses better anyway. Trying and succeeding to find the red dress was fun, and I'm glad I did it.

      Delete
  10. All eyes would probably have been on you in the red dress which would have taken away from the bride : )

    Kudos to you for not taking the spotlight and for being true to your own comfort level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point. Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't wear it.

      Delete

So, whadayathink?